Baroque Oboe Concertos (All 4 CDs)
- Sarah Francis (oboe) / London Harpsichord Ensemble
- 4 CD set, Heritage Label (HTGCD400)
- Disc 1: Albinoni Oboe Concertos (73 minutes)
- Opus 7: Nos.3, 6, 9, 12, Opus 9: Nos 2, 5, 8, 11
- Disc 2: Handel Oboe Concertos & Sonatas (62 minutes)
- Concerto No 1 for Oboe in B flat, Concerto No 2 in B flat,
Concerto No 3 in G minor, Sonatas for Oboe and Continuo
- Discs 3 & 4: Telemann Oboe Concertos (134 minutes)
- Concertos in D, E flat, C min, E min, F min and Concerto in G for Oboe d’Amore, Concerto in D min, F min, C min, Concerto in A and
E minor for Oboe d’Amore, Triple Concerto in E
Telemann: Oboe Concertos (due 2016)
|THE LONDON HARPSICHORD ENSEMBLE
The Ensemble is the longest established chamber music group in Britain. The group plays at festivals and music clubs throughout the country, and is often heard on Classic FM and BBC Radio 3.
The Ensemble consists of a flexible number of four to eight players, which can present concerts of chamber music as well as concerto programmes. Its members are all distinguished chamber musicians.
A large and varied repertoire of eighteenth century music, as well as twentieth century works, can be drawn upon.
The Ensemble’s recordings of Albinoni, Telemann and Handel have received international acclaim. They are all 4-star key recordings in the Penguin Guide to Compact Discs.
Members of the Ensemble include:
Graham Mayger (flute)
Sarah Francis (oboe)
Ian Clarke (harpsichord)
Frances Mason (violin)
Elizabeth Watson (viola)
Margaret Powell (cello)
Keith Hartley (double bass)